CureZone   Log On   Join
Similar situation; need help

redlepton Views: 3,219
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 6,818

Similar situation; need help

Dear Lisa,
I was reading your post.
I have a 3 1/2 year old who has been having skin problems lately.
When he was younger and teething, he would drool a lot and would have severe rashes on his chest. We got a particulary good doctor once who realized that it was yeast (we are military and move around a lot and get different doctors all the time). She told us to put yeast infection cream (monostat) on it. It went away.
Just this past winter, he has developed rashes all over his body, especially after bathing or going swimming (we have not let him go swimming this month). He screams when he gets lotion on it, but none of them have helped long-term (for more than a few hours).
We just went to the doctor who prescribed Elidel, a non-steroidal creme (I haven't tried it on him yet).
I suspect that this rash may be from yeast, but I did not mention it to the doctor because I was afraid that he would prescribe something that I wouldn't want to use and my husband would make me put it on him.
Anyway, my point is (sorry this is so long) that I noticed that you are giving your son olive leaf extract, which I heard can really help with yeast/fungus. I was researching the different brands and I was wondering what kind you give your son and how you get him to take it? The different brands seem to all say that their extraction methods are the best and everyone else's brand is terrible, etc. I was thinking of ordering a tincture, but I didn't know if the taste of the grain alcohol would prevent my son from taking it; he is a very picky eater.
Also, I was wondering if you have found any natural anti-inflammitory creams or oils? Our doctor said that the lotions we were using were ineffective because they were not anti-inflammitory. I have been looking at Copaiba Oil as a possibility.
If you have any suggestions for me, I would appreciate it. I'm sorry to take up your time.
Thanks,
Tina.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)