CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Breaking the fast with raw food--Help! Terrible stomach problems!

Somer Views: 4,748
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 678,984

Re: Breaking the fast with raw food--Help! Terrible stomach problems!

Yep, sounds like you went a little overboard a little early there! (Bet you won't do that again!!!)

I have done long fasts (59 days last summer), and it is a whole different ball game reintroducing food, reestablishing digestion than it is with a 10 day cleanse... Hoo boy!

Raw stuff can be particularly HARD to digest!

One of my faves for breaking is a smoothie of papaya (or other fresh fruit) and yogurt (again, start with SMALL amounts, and SIP IT!!!) Very SMALL amount of raw salad, plus all the regular juices.

Second day, soaked prunes or figs for breakfast, with the soaking water, small amount of good quality natural yogurt, no sugar, with a good culture... Make homemade vegetarian vegetable soup (easier to digest!) for lunch, easy on the salt!! Eat two apples between meals, slowly! Keep drinking the usual juices and broth.

Third day, add a few raw nuts to breakfast, increase salad at lunch and add a baked potato. Have a slice of wholegrain bread and a small slice of cheese with soup for dinner.

BIG ticket, add clean, solid food slowly! You have baby-clean digestion!

My naturopath likes to have me take 1 tsp. metamucil (like baby food psyllium) plus 1 tsp. aloe juice in water before meals until digestion is well established.

I can truly feel your pain on this one! Continue to take it easy, keep your colon clear and keep drinking lots of extra liquids.

Best to you,
Somer

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.097 sec, (1)