CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: eczema in baby

aunty Views: 6,280
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,226

Re: eczema in baby

Hello Jasmine,

Finding the right skin care line (especially when treating eczema in infants) is imperative to the healing process. For us (my nieces) it was the Burt's Bees Baby Bee skin care line. However, and because each eczema sufferer is different, this may or may not be the case for your child. Check out these two websites for their natural skin care options for babies: www.earthwormherbals.com and www.storkbabygiftbaskets.com. Included in both of these (fragrance free) baby skin care options are cradle cap treatments: Eczema skin salve ointment (1st website) and Therapeutic Botanicals Baby oil & Baby shampoo (2nd website).

I know that you're convinced that the pet dander from the dog is not an issue; however I am still not convinced that the pet dander from the dog isn't a major component in your daughter's persistent eczema flareup. Although your daughter spends the weekends with you, a majority of her time is spent with your mother (where the dog is kept). She is still itching when she comes home with you because her system has not yet recovered from the toxins or bacteria in her body or skin. Let me give you this example of why I'm still not convinced the pet dander isn't an issue. I am severely allergic to poison ivy. Last year, I suffered a major allergic reaction (breakout) after coming into contact (clearing brush on my brother's land) with the poisonous oils of the poison ivy leaf. After recognizing and identifying the particular location of the ivy, I was careful to stay away from further contact with them. When I went home (away from my brother's house and away from the poison ivy), I suffered severe itchy nights and days for two weeks. Although I had rid the poison ivy from my environment, it took some time for my body to rid the poisons from my blood stream and for my skin to heal. This is why I still believe that the pet dander is indeed an issue in your daughter's eczema breakout. I could be wrong; however I'd rather for you to have heard my point as to why I still believe that the pet dander is an issue, before you close the door on that possible allergen/irritant. Ultimately, you know best. Therefore, trust your instincts.

aunty

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.145 sec, (2)