CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: eyelid dermatitis

shayna Views: 35,702
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,248

Re: eyelid dermatitis

Thanks for the message Vero. I am very concerned about what you wrote and other things I have read about the use of cortisone. I am wondering whether skin tone and texture has anything to do with whether scarring and discoloring will occur. I read somewhere that this also happened to a girl using cortisone also on her eye area and she had fair skin and lived somewhere in the UK. I have been using cortisone for many years now and am slowly weaning myself off of it by substititing with good moisturizers and Elidel/Protopic that does not cause skin thinning. Eventually I would also like to be off anything prescription. I have found some good natural products from Whole Foods such as Florasone Cream ( a natural homeopathic alternative) and Skikai Borage dry skin therapy ( recommended by Aunty in this forum - Thank You sooo much Aunty it is great stuff!!!!)
If you have any recommendations for what to use on the eyelid area please let me know what has worked for you. My eyelid right now, well just my left one is affected is not itchy but gets extremely dry, and sometimes tight at the end of the day. When this happens it can develop an extra crease especially when I blink. It seems unable to hold moisture for as long as or as well as the normal right one and the texture of the skin is still a little rougher. I had originally rubbed and scrathed that area. Once again thanks for sharing your experience with me. I will print it out and take it to the dermatologists office when I go next week.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (1)