CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Beautiful with excema at 18wks.....Follow Up

Nursekel Views: 5,373
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 6,105

Re: Beautiful with excema at 18wks.....Follow Up

Aunty,
When my son was born via c-section he was apparently 10 days early. I had a section because of a back injury and the doctors felt that this would be the safest way to deliver for both of us. It turned out that he was born with absolutley no vernix and barely any amniotic fluid. So our dates must have been off. I looked at the early delivery as a blessing because if I waited to go into labor he may have really been in trouble. He was 8lbs. and beautiful. Almost immediately after they applied the emycin ointment to his eyes, my husband said to me that he felt as it was burning his eyes( My husband has unbelievable intuition ). Sure enough his eyelids became very reddened and extremely swollen. He looked like someone had beaten him up. He also broke out in what they called a newborn rash which was very severe. After three days they finally came to the same conclusion about the erythro....he had a reaction. The Pediatrician concluded that he was going to have very sensitive skin. After about a week and a half he was all clear.
He was mostly breastfeeding, but had originally supplemented Enfamil Lipil here and there. We switched him off of that at about four weeks because he seemed to scream in pain after he had a bottle. He has been on Prosobee lipil and tolerated that well. At 11 weeks old he started with small patches of dry skin which seemed to progressively become worse. This originally started when we has below zero temps. Over the past four weeks he has now stopped nursing and started on his road to teething. His breakouts seemed to keep getting more severe. After being seen by the Pediatrician they say the same thing, put the steriod cream on and after he looks better keep his skin moisturized. So here we are now....We had applied the steroid cream for two days until the skin looked better and then over loaded his skin with any moisturizers people suggested, which then caused a severe prickly heat rash because he was so clogged up with products.
Two weeks ago we strated hypoallergenic formula, added humidifiers and air purifiers to our home and decided not to use the steriod creams anymore. I felt as if he was doing better with all the changes except one. The formula which is supposed to be hypoallergenic was making him very irritable causing diarrhea and vomiting. I did stick with it for ten days...he still had the breakout!!! So now he has been on the original Enfamil Lipil and digestively he is doing great, no constipation, no vomiting, and so much more calm. We really feel as if the teething is the underlying problem at this point. He has been runnning low grade temps., drooling uncontrollably, and sleep has been disturbed because of these conditions.
So this week after his cyclic breakout we have not used any steroid creams and are only using the Burts Bees products. Thankfully, this breakout has been much less severe than the previous ones...hopefully due to our changes. I do have a ques... did you use just the BB's when the skin was in its hot reddened flared up state? This is the point where we always had used the steriods to calm it down. We have not done that this time!!!This is the third day in this breakout and there have been ups and downs in the redness. I know that it is just going to take longer, which is ok if we are able to finally break this cycle. Also is it ok to use a little Aquaphor or not? I am happy to say that I believe we have ruled out a milk or soy allergy since we are doing great on this formula!!! We will just have to bear with his drooling Grin!!!!

Kelly

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Like     Dislike

Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)