CureZone   Log On   Join
For my penny's worth - the HOT debate

alikat Views: 2,426
Published: 21 y

For my penny's worth - the HOT debate

I think I dare to understand what eggface meant.

If I was greatly disturbed and upset by Live Better Serve Jesus' finger to your face response, I am not more conforted or enlightened by Lapis' either. So is consistent anti-dogma any less dogmatic? Is dogma the way to a contrite heart? Where's the Life?

This might seem to be the wrong forum for this type of discussion, but actually I think it's quite appropiate. When will we all learn to disagree without wounding? When can we explore each other's realities without blasting away in full fledged wars of insults and offenses? When can we offer an opposing point of view out of the desire to help that person's life be better? Even if the solution isn't an adequate one, yet the motivation is.

I can confidently say that I am a Christian, but God help me to not have to kill my neighbor in order to save his life! And if before when I was an atheist I ever scratched someone's soul with my arrogance and I don't remember, may God have mercy on me and heal that person wherever they are today.

I thank you both Rudy and Ev, because even though I know you wouldn't both agree philosophically or theologically on every point, you both find ways to try to understand each other and make Love your common denominator. What fresh springs you are.

I don't think I have ever felt as emotionally stirred in any public situation as I feel right now. But I want all of you who represent all sides of this discussion to know one thing. You have helped me to learn a lot in these last few days. I have learned what fragile yet presumptious little beings we all are. And I have learned that even though right now it seems really difficult, I have a choice to make. And right now I CHOOSE to love and accept you in spite of our differences. Just as I choose Life and I choose the Blessing.

May you all be covered in peace and joy!

Thank you for being a part of CureZone and allowing me to be a part of it too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)