CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Seat of knowledge

ff. Views: 1,857
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 590,199

Re: Seat of knowledge

Oh, I hope I didn't misunderstand the teacher with the explaination of god. I just started reading the Sutras, the two versions, Feuerstein and Iyengar, I mentioned earlier. Then I took only one class offering clairification on some of the commentary. The teacher theaching the class said that there is a god in the Iyengar tradition. I may have misunderstood the meaning. As you know, there are so many yoga teachers now, and so many new ideas. Now that you've questioned what I said earlier, I'm not so sure I got it right. I don't think they mentioned a "creator". Maybe they really did mean the god within. But I didn't get that impression. I'll have to look at the book again. I'm not sure when I will be going to that class again. So, maybe it was the teachers. Or, maybe I am confused.

As for being an atheist. Well, the Feuerstein translation dosn't speak of a external god, so I relate to his commentary better. As a whole I see the sutras as pretty esoteric. I am just curious. I don't believe there is a god. But, I would still like to read about what is written tradition. Good questions. I would like to hear more about what you study and your experience.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)