CureZone   Log On   Join
sutras

janaki Views: 1,867
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 590,188

sutras

Om ff,

I practice and teach a very classical hatha yoga...practicing about 12 years, teaching for 5. I am affiliated with Int'l Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres. A serious back injury brought me to yoga in the first place....there's always a way in!

Yes, I have been taught and try to practice yoga in a much broader sense. Yoga is a way of living, not just what occurs on a mat.

I am a bit of a yoga sutras addict. I have the Feuerstein commentary but find it too academic and not as spiritual as I'd like. I have about 5 different translations, by far my favourite is "the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali" by Swami Venkatesananda. He is a devotee of Sivananda from South Africa, I think the book is published out of there, or Australia. I teach a sutras course based on this one. Another interesting translation of the sutras is "Textbook of Yoga Psychology" By Sri Brahmananda Sarasvati (aka Ramamurti Mishra). It has some other interesting stuff in there too.

Thanks for posting. It will be interesting to chat with you more about these things.

Pranams,
Janaki

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)