CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I'm in Toronto too!!

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

janaki Views: 4,257
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 590,057

Re: I'm in Toronto too!!

Hi Shanti,

Axel Molema was my first teacher....many years ago. He introduced me to Swami Vishnu-devanda's techings, and then later when I was looking for a new teacher, I sought out the Sivananda Yoga Centre.

Yes, you know yourself quite well, as a Vata, a grounding practice, and a very classical hatha yoga are best.

I'm not keen on Bikram, and I'm not keen on Astanga either. Since you seem to know what you like, I would concentrate on that. My advice would be that, as you probably know, yoga is a very transformational experience, it is a way of life and it is a path to knowing God (or the divine, whatever you wish!). The difficulty that I have is that most of the yoga teachers and centres that I have encountered de-emphasize the spiritual aspect of yoga, and frankly dumb-down the teachings (maybe they don't really understand themselves) and so what they offer students is a very incomplete picture. A yoga centre should be a place where you are encouraged and supported on the spiritual path.

Have you tried the Sivananda centre before?
Where do you live?
The Swami Vishnu Yoga Centre in Kensington market is another good one. Nitya Muktananda used to be a Swami in the Sivananda organization and now runs his own centre. I think he's a very good teacher.
These would be my two suggestions for classical hatha yoga.

There are many good teachers out there, finding them can take some time. I follow my "nose", so to speak, or my instinct. A good yoga centre should teach meditation, pranayama, as part of the daily fare.

I almost never take classes. I do my own practice at home. It almost occurs to me that if you have been practicing for 9 years now, that it might be a good time to do a "residential" teachers training course (the BEST way) and then begin your own practice at home. A teachers training program is a very profound and transformational experience, even if you never end up teaching. Just a thought!!

Ooh...and forward bends (LOOOOOONG ones) will help with the Scoliosis. Have you done any of the cleansing protocols recommended on Curezone? Vatas are prone to digestive and eliminative congestion, and this seems to be tied to a lot of issues around balance, vertigo etc. Another thought I had!

Nice talking to you!
I hope this is of some help.

Om om,
janaki

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.062 sec, (2)