CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Essiac tea helping my knee problem, means what???

Views: 10,210
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 581,795

Re: Essiac tea helping my knee problem, means what???

Sorry this re-post ended here, but could not get to the "interested" post for some reason. Anyway, finally got around to checking on the ingredients to the tea for beneficial properties. And, it would appear that three of the four main ingredients (some formulations have additional ingredients above and beyond the four standard original ingredients) indicate that they exhibit benefits for degenerative tissues, inflammation, swelling and so on - I have pasted in some info below. Note that there are also precautions listed, curiously listing Arthritis as a reason to avoid the tea (can't imagine that, Arthritis IS inflammation, might be mis-typed - a good reason to always do your own followup research when it comes to health). And the formulation that I am now taking also contains watercress, kelp, blessed thistle, and red clover blossom - have not looked those up yet, but might be additional reason for the radical improvement with my knee. At least now I am not so concerned that since Essiac is a treatment for cancer that that was what was wrong with my knee, as it sounds as tho it might have just corrected inflammation, damage, and swelling from the original injury that was worsening over time...

Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella) marked influence on degenerative tissues, traditionally used for fevers, scurvy, and inflammation, the leaf tea is a folk remedy for cancer (no modern studies have been done), the fresh roasted leaves were used to poultice tumors and cysts because of its high oxalic acid content - it should be avoided in kidney disease and arthritis.
Burdock root (Arctium lappa) depurative (blood cleanser) and bitter (stimulates bile flow) promotes detoxification of kidney, liver, and bladder, stimulates digestion and promotes bile flow dissolves deposits, removes lymphatic congestion, helps break down tumors, clears toxins, reduces infection, inflammation, relieves swelling.
Slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) soothing demulcent, emollient, nutritive, and antitussive (cough supressant), used to treat inflamed mucous membranes like ulcers, or colitis traditionally used as a poultice to treat hard tumors and swellings.
Turkey rhubarb root (Rheum palmatum) laxative and purgative, helpful in treating constipation, promotes intestinal cleansing, used in China to treat high fevers - avoid if suffering from arthritis, kidney disease of urinary problems and during pregnancy.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.219 sec, (2)