CureZone   Log On   Join
DMAE for ADD + focus issues -- also, tell me your story!!

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
surgeon Views: 10,109
Published: 18 years ago

DMAE for ADD + focus issues -- also, tell me your story!!

hi everyone, i have been reading lots on your messages.
i have changed my diet but periodically have the typical crap sold to us by virtue of the fact that we do go out to eat a lot. (i am trying to do more H20)
anyway, i have been taking a vitamin supplement i found at one of the national health food grocery stores.
it is DMAE with ginko. it has done wonders for my concentration and focus. i find that i do not bounce around from activity to activity throughout the day. i can sit and just play with my kids without getting totally distracted by dirty dishes, crumbs on the carpet, email, and all the other fireworks around the house. i take it 3 times a day with my 3 meals. i usually skip the last dose if it is too late at night since i dont need the concentration.
i looked up info on the DMAE and it looks like it was used as a natural supplement back in the 70's or 60's for ADD and concentration issues with people. they found it was helpfull but since the supplement is natural they found that they couldnt rreally market it as a pharmacudical so they dropped it.
if u go to supernutritionusa.com, youll see it as "think clearly".
as i said it works for me. i am much more relaxed and calm, unlike my typical self where everything feels like it is an "emergency" and i have to be on the move move move, i guess that is the best way of putting it. i feel like im not running on emergency mode with a million things running through my head.
my procrastination is still a bit of an issue, but im hoping to correct that with behavior modification.
i am a smart woman and i know what i need to do, it's just so hard fo focus and i have to be constantly reminding myself to focus.
i do strongly believe that we ADDers are smart and just have a harder time followig the norms due to our quick thinking but we can do it.
i am trying to go back to school and pick up where i dropped off my lifelong dream of becoming an MD. i really need to get straightened out. i did earn my BFA after leaving my medical dream for a more interesting route --- not entirely true though, long story. i have done lots in my few 32yrs and i think ive come full circle. i realized i need to slow down and although i know i could conquer the world and do anything and everything i NEED to do this--regardless of the distractions and sparkly diamonds i see everywhere.
does anyone have this same type of circumstance? i'd love to hear your experiences!!
i love this forum!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.195 sec, (2)