CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Creationist Psychology Revealed

Views: 2,270
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 414,494

Re: Creationist Psychology Revealed

I don't have to read between the lines. John and I have been around this hood for a long time and I have a pretty good sense of where he comes from...and he's not as you claim him to be.

You acknowledge that Science has it's limitations and yet you insist that things which people have had direct experience with and that Science is yet able to prove are automatically are irrational and thrown out as myths and fables. You also refer to the supernatural and I would like to suggest to you that this is different than super NATURAL. I'm not talking about parlor tricks and opiate stories...I'm talking about abilities that are NATURAL to all of us and that we all have originally which are unfortunately socialized, educated and conditioned out of us as we grow up. I'm also not talking about blind faith...I'm talking about direct experience. Science...and physics in particular will someday fall precisely in line with the spiritual (not religious) experiences to which I am refering.

I am also not talking about those fairy tales that serve to soothe fears. I'm talking about experiences that put your head right in the lion's mouth! You want to talk about fear...have a direct experience and true knowledge (not conceptual reasoning) of who you REALLY are and what reality TRULY is, as 'irrational' as it may seem, and you will know crap-your-pants fear!!!

There is a great quote by Pema Chodron (Buddhist nun) that I can only paraphrase as I don't have the book readily available. In a nutshell, she talks about how many practitioners believe that their meditation practice is like a boat that will safely take them from the shore of what they have known to the shore of liberation. But in reality, once in the the middle of the waters of practice after the shore that one came from is no longer is sight...the boat breaks up and one realizes that there is no shore to reach. The bottom has dropped out and there is nothing to hold onto! Talk about terror!!!

Corinth, Science is YOUR religion...YOUR security blanket. You believe that if you can measure and 'prove' things than you know what 'reality' is and you can explain, order, manipulate and control everything. Boy are you in for some surprises!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.352 sec, (2)