CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Thanks for the responses (Long)

kaye Views: 3,188
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 39,437

Re: Thanks for the responses (Long)

I'm just reading through this site again in desperation!! It's Wednesday in my neck of the woods so I asume you haven't gone ahead yet! Thought I'd give you a brief history of what I've been through over the last 7 weeks after having a root canal! What a learning curve for me, post treatment. I know reading this may make things worse for you in deciding what to do but, in essence I'd hate anyone to go thru what I've gone thru!! I had a root canal done on the 19 Dec on the left side of my mouth. Very painless experience (which, in hindsight maybe wasn't a good thing - immune system down)- worst part was having to have my mouth open so long!!! Anyway, 6 days later on Xmas day while on holiday I started developing soreness in my left thigh. Another 6 days later, by the time I returned home from holiday (summertime here) I couldn't sleep on my side and was unable to get out of bed in the normal manner due to terrible pain in my right hip. Went to the Dr who told me, (at the age of 38 and never had pain like this in my life) that I'd probably be looking at a hip replacement in 10 years time due to Arthritis in my hip. Then when to my chiropractor/naturpath a number of times over the last month thinking it might be stemming from my back. No improvement (worse after walking, sleeping). WEnt to the Doctor on Monday in desperation for some Antibiotics . Had blood tests which have all come back fine today (no infection, inflammation or signs of arthritis). But I have read Dr Huggins article on root canals on the Hugnet website. I sit here today, absolutely amazed that my lifestyle has changed dramatically due to something that has come on so acutely and there is no health professional who can advise/counsel me (apart from my natropath who is open to the idea that this is all related to my root canal but is looking at other options first)as to the possible risks associated with root canals. I cannot pin point any other reason I have developed such pain in one hip but when reading through Dr Huggins article, it makes alot of sense that it could have stemmed from the root canal and the release of bacteria which has made itself at home in my hip (and who knows else where). I understand that this doesn't happen to everyone and it is all very dependent on your current immune system. Sounds like yours is working fine with you experiencing such pain but obviously at the time of my treatment, mine wasn't up to scrath (no localised pain, no swelling, no post treatment pain). Could've been the time of year as leading up to Xmas and finishing work but whatever the reason, this is what I'm landed with and have now decided to have the tooth removed. It's not worth the risk to my health and I feel at my wits end but my dilemma now is who do I go to that will do the job properly as, from what I've read it's not just a straight extraction. So, if I could turn the clock back, I wish I had found this website and had asked more questions re root canals before going ahead with this. I feel I have no other option but to take the tooth out to see if I improve as there appears nothing else anyone can do for me (apart from 'put up with it, it's part of getting old' - what rubbish!). I won't ever have another root canal again and I strongly advise you to go to Dr Huggins website and look at his article on root canals (I downloaded it at a cost of $10). The decision is yours but do look around, even more on this website as you'll be amazed what you read. At the end of the day a root canal is mainly for cosmetic reasons. I'd rather be able to go for my normal walk (walked all the time pre treatment - can't now) and maintain my health than have no gap in my mouth. It's a high price to pay.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.220 sec, (2)