CureZone   Log On   Join
Do I have AF ?

mhallesy Views: 9,413
Published: 20 years ago

Do I have AF ?

Hi , For the past 2 1/2 years I’ve had episodic palpitations , they seem to last only a few seconds but are recurrent. Basically they only occur at night , when I’m in bed and intriguingly just at the very moment when I’m about to fall asleep. At this precise moment I experience a severe cardiac jolt which needless to say wakes me up . This event is repeated many times a night until , if I’m lucky enough I fall asleep. Initially the palpitations were painless but now are accompanied by moderate short-lived chest pain in the heart region. If I get up and stand or sit the symptoms disappear. A physician friend says that they are “ventricular ectopic beats and are of no consequence” but I do find it worrying and the sleepless nights are not doing me any good either. I am male , 58 , ex-smoker , teetotal , inactive slightly underweight , with BP 120/80 and pulse rate in the low 50s .I would be most grateful for comments and advice.
Mike

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)