CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hernia after c-section

lorieann29 Views: 37,749
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 388,892

Re: Hernia after c-section

about a month and a half ago i had a double hernia surgery for the repair of two hernias ( one was on an old c-section scar and one was on another incision site.)
Mine was quite large as well...not as big as a vollyball...but i would say about as big as a large grapefruit.

it was uglier than it was painful--but was unreduceable and required immedient surgery.
I put it off for three years because i have five children and my husband is the only one working and bringing in money right now. I'm glad i got it done...although i am having a hard time healing. The one over the gallbladder incision is healing beautifully...but the c-section one is tragic.

it reopened all the way back up and tunneled alot. i have had to go thru surgical debridement(removal of dead tissues) packing it with gauze...infection...pain...especially at the drain site(possibly nerve related???)

Six years ago i lost about 145 pounds and the result was alot of hanging skin in the c-section area. I think if they would have removed that skin at the time of surgery i would have healed alot better. I am still 2-3 months away from the wound closing up...(i had to take steroids for about a month for a serious allergic reaction) and my doctor warned that this would slow healing.

so i pack it 4 times a day and try to take it easy...i would hate to get this hernia back becasue its amazing how slim you look without it.

i encourage you to take the plunge and just do it...the sooner you have it done the sooner you will heal and be able to give you family the best of you...
with warm thoughts
lorieann

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.108 sec, (1)