CureZone   Log On   Join
Castor oil packs & Detox Bath Recipe

shelleycat Views: 15,150
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 381,641

Castor oil packs & Detox Bath Recipe

Castor oil packs are a wonderful way to increase circulation to a specific area. Basically, you take some clean cloth and saturate it with castor oil, wrap in plastic, leave it in the oven on warm for about 10 minutes and apply to abdomon or sore area. Better instructions are available here on CureZone and in this FAQ. :)

The detox bath recipe is this:

Take 40-100 mg of Niacin. Make sure it's the regular kind and not the non-flush kind, as you want to flush your skin and open your pores. Your scalp should itch and burn. Wait about 20 minutes for it to take effect. If you wish to do this detox bath nightly, only take the Niacin 1x a week and drink Chamomile tea or ginger tea on the other nights.

While waiting for the Niacin or tea to take affect, use a dry skin brush and brush skin.

Drink a pint or more of good water, or the Master Cleaner drink with cayenne, lemon, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, or an EmergenC.

Run a hot bath and add:
1 cup Epsom Salts
1/2 cup Baking Soda
About 1/2 cup Powdered Ginger, or make a quart of ginger tea by slicing and dicing an entire ginger root and simmering for 20 minutes on low heat then letting steep for hour or so. Strain into bath.
Add cayenne pepper - but beware! it stings. I often chicken out and don't add it. :)

Soak for as long as you can, scrubbing your skin with a loofah or washcloth the entire time.

When you get out, wrap up in towels or robe and get under the covers and continue sweating for another hour or so. Drink more water. then air dry or take lukewarm shower, go to sleep. DO NOT try to do any housework or errands after bath. Rest peacefully! :)

Note: there's a fantastic Japanese washcloth that is highly recommended for this. It's about 2 feet long and a kind of pastic synthetic that is rather abrasive and really creates a ton of suds from any liquid soap. Rinses totally clean and pristine in a second. It got an award for best invention. I get it from my health food store and from my Japanese grocery store. I have not found it online yet. It's only about 2 bucks and well worth it.

Pitta people may find this bath totally exhausting, too much heat for them. So what they can do is drink two cups of chamomile tea (it promotes sweating and relaxation) and make the bath not so hot. They can do the post-sweat wrap up or immediately shower with a lukewarm shower, whichever helps them feel better. :)

It's also a good idea to massage in sesame oil after the bath - if you have the energy!!! ;)

If you want to pay special attention to your face for Acne or pigmentation issues, you can:

give yourself a clay facial while dtaking the detox bath, just apply liquid Bentonite clay after scrubbing your face clean. You can mix in colloidial silver for more of a detox effect.
Or apply a paste of ginger powder and turmeric, 50/50, if there are whiteheads.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)