CureZone   Log On   Join
Vasculitis

shelleycat Views: 2,794
Published: 20 y

This is a reply to # 380,568

Vasculitis

I may know just what you have. It's what I thought I had when my kidneys showed up at half mast.

Vasculitis means inflammation of the veins. There are 8? different typologies defined by which veins are being attacked - large veins like heart arteries, or smaller veins like in your legs. All of the classifications are in the rare disease category so it's no wonder your doctor didn't know about them, but shame on him for not following up more! He could ahve taken a picture and gotten advice from research hospitals sheesh.

Did he run an ANCA test? Take a biopsy? Find a doctor who knows what the ANCA test is and insist that one be done, along with white blood cell count, SEDs rate, basic metabolic functions, urine, and Lupus/ANA is optional.

Darnitall, I just deleted all the shortcuts I had to pages explaining Wegener's and micropolyarteritis, including a support page written by a 23-year-old girl who had it. Here's one page that will help to educate you. There's a picture of a leg, see if it's like yours.

vasculitis

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)