CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: coming back to haunt me....

lovemy_babies Views: 2,717
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 378,516

Re: coming back to haunt me....

Everything you said made perfect sense. come to think of it, I'd had several abusive boyfriend's prior to that rape. I was also abused as a small child but had gotten therapy. I guess that stuff never really goes away. But prior victim to violence or not...Why did the rape affect me so much then? I wish I could figure out what's triggering this so I can deal with it and throw it out.
My hubby now is so very much a better person in my life. He's taken me and my daughter under his wing when no one else would and when her father split on us. He's the one she first called "Daddy". Together we have a beautiful son as well and he's never raised a hand to me. His dad was abusive and he's the one that said "I WILL NOT do that to someone I love."
I'm grateful for the stability in our relationship. I'm not being hurt out of his anger and I'm not afraid anymore. Suffering with domestic violence for the better part of my life has been a real drainer that just being free from it is a huge relief.
My hubby knows I've been hurt and does everything he can to make sure I know, and feel, that with him I'm safe. Thank you for your words of encouragement

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)