CureZone   Log On   Join
coming back to haunt me....

lovemy_babies Views: 3,311
Published: 19 y

coming back to haunt me....

Hello all. Let me first say to other rape survivors reading this, I'm so sorry this happened to you. These kinds of things should never happen and I thought I was "Cured". Truth is I was raped 5 years ago and just within the last week I've lost a few pounds, along with my appetite, I'm even afraid of the dark. i realized that the memories are still there along with the ever so slight fear of "running into" my attacker, who was arrested, charged and imprisoned but due to a plea bargain, only got 3 yrs(1 &1/2 for good behavior).
I've moved on, met my mr. wonderful and have 2 kids so why is this coming back now? That's my question. Again I thought I was "cured". I got a book called THE RAPE RECOVEREY HANDBOOK by Aphrodite Matsakis,PH.D. My hubby saw it and questioned me on it (nicely). I had told him about it very early in our relationship and he'd accepted it butr why was I just now suddenly getting a book about that? I told him I'd been having problems with the memories and what nots and he was fine. I told you he was my mr. wonderful.:)
But anyways, I truly am distressed about this cananyone offer advice?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)