CureZone   Log On   Join
vaginal odor= symptom of herpes?

Views: 55,422
Published: 19 y

vaginal odor= symptom of herpes?

Hi,

I came here not too long ago when I found out I had herpes. Apparently, I'm not the only one who felt ashamed and "dirty" because I had it.

Fortunately for me, I have not experienced any real symptoms and neither has my boyfriend (whom I almost assuredly gave it to, since we have unprotected sex, etc). I realize from reading this forum that I am very lucky and I am grateful that I remain (as of this time) asymptomatic. From the time I would have been infected, I have had herpes for at least 2 years. Since I don't know where it came from (and it's possible boyfriend had it first, but it seems unlikely as he has had far fewer sex partners than me).

Lately, though, I seem to have some weirdness going on down there and I wondered if anyone else could relate, whether they are symptomatic or asymptomatic.

I have a quite pungent crotch. The smell is very strong. Now, I am almost near my period (which causes stronger odor usually for me) and I am also on the pill (which I *know* messes with my hormones) and I am apparently a pretty pungent girl to begin with. I am not really sure if the increased odor is due to the herpes or is indicative of another infection (probably bacterial vaginosis or yeast infections, which I get maybe once a year or so)? I ask because the smell is coupled with a mild need-to-pee feeling after I've already just peed.

It's not full-on urinary tract infection have-to-pee-all-the-time feelings, but it is there and sort of "tingly".

My boyfriend occasionally experiences "tingly" feelings in his urethra. He says it doesn't burn or itch but it feels like he has to pee more, like me.

The question, again, is: do our symptoms match up with herpes or do we have something else (a secondary infection, perhaps)?

And...how to get rid of it without having to go to the doctor.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)