CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: for all to read - jesus's words

Views: 2,814
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 344,126

Re: for all to read - jesus's words

I really like your attitude Healme. I think that so many people today are using religion to judge other people and cause them pain. That's not what I believe god wants. I can't say that I agree that god will only help us if we live by his word becuase there are billions upon billions of people who never even heard of Jesus or the Christian idea of God, but that doesnt mean that God doesnt not help them and except them into heaven. It really doesnt make much sense to me that unless you went to church, read the bible, prayed every day, excepted Jesus as your personal savior, etc that god won't be their for you. Americans especially tend to not see beyond their small worlds. God wouldnt make so many people of different races, cultures, ideas, and religions and then condemn them because of it. Thats why it doesnt make much sense to me so much that you need to follow every word in the bible, but that you need to be a good, kind person filled with love and compassion. And I think following the word of god in the bible is only one of the ways you can be that person and please him. Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism are all ways to connect with a higher power and practic being a good compassionate person. One is not better or more right than the other. I believe each religion is a different way that god shows himself to different cultures and areas of the world, so that we can all be with him. A Buddha is going to be easier to understand for the Japanese than a man who came from Israel. This is why I think its not most important to follow every word of the bible than it is to love your higher power, whatever that may be, and to love all of that powers creations. I personally don't connect with Christianity and I realize that its probably better that even if I dont follow the bible I am still aware of a god and still am what I believe god would want me to be, a good person who accepts people of all different types. Nobody has all the answers and I think that a lot of the bible has been misinterpreted through translation and other things(sorry if this offends you)so I rely on what feels right to me, and personally the idea that homosexuals are sinners feels very wrong. Im sorry this is so long but I just felt like getting my feelings out. I hope you can all accept even if you dont understand

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.230 sec, (2)