CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Looking for some advice

ParaZapper Views: 5,840
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 296,683

Re: Looking for some advice

>- How do I know which probiotics are best suited for this situation?

While I can not specify which probiotics ar the most effective for your particular problem, I will pass what I have learned about probiotics in general.

#1 Most pills, tablets, and capsules are far less effective than natural forms which come from cultured foods. The main reason for this is that the microbes in cultured foods are live and active. In most supplemental forms, the microbes are in suspended animation and take up to several hours to become active. By this time, the unwanted microbes already have an advantage.

#2 Generally, the greater the number of different microbes, the better. Of 10 different microbes, one or two may have a better chance of surviving than some of the others. If you take only acidophillus and conditions are not right for it, what good are you doing?

#3 While I do not find it very pleasant, kefir is probably the best source of microbes as it contains 10 different microbes. There is a better chance that at least a few types will survive long enough to push out some of the unwanted microbes. If you absolutely cannot take dairy products, the next alternative is a Silk Smoothie which has 6 different microbes.

#4 It is better to take smaller amounts several times a day rather than a lot at once. This keeps a constant supply going.

#5 You can take the probiotic tablets, etc, but just do not rely on them entirely.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)