CureZone   Log On   Join
Looking for some advice

1958 Views: 7,214
Published: 18 y

Looking for some advice

I have been reading curezone now for about 8 months. I find it very informative, but in the same time find myself with conflicting information and jumping from one product to the next in trying to find relief. I have been suffering from Candida related symptoms since Jan 1988 (18 yrs ago). I have never taken long term use of Antibiotics , in fact I have probably never taken them for more than 30 days total in the last 47 years. My problems started with severe diahhrea lasting more than a week and was diagnosed with giardia. I started having symptoms- brain fog, nervousness/anxiety fatigue,diahrea that I continue to have today I started with the traditional doctors. Took flagyl to clear the giardia, had upper and lower gi. I was diagnosed from wholistic doctor to have systemic candida. (That was in 1989) Not much information was available then except for yeast free diet. Which I did for about 8-9 months. No help from diet alone. I was activated for the first gulf war for about a year - so I discontinued the diet. After returning I started looking at Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome as a possible explanation. Saw some of the most knowlegeable Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome doctors in the country but still no help. I basically gave up hope for the past 15 yrs, keeping it to myself and trying to function as if everything was ok.

But it wasn't and I was not getting any better. The only relief that I got was in having a few beers. I would forget about my symptoms and would feel better. Of course that was only temporary relief and not the solution. I finally got serious about getting better 8 months ago. I found curezone, I ordered three lac followed a rigid diet did not cheat and got as informed as much as I could. I am not debilitated, I work, travel a lot workout, in fact I ran a marathon 4 years ago. But the fatigue, brain fog anxiety and diahrea was controlling my life. After 9 months of three lac 3 times a day, oxygen elements, collostrum,calcium, oil of oregano, paul d arco tea,gse, ennemas nothing seemed to change any of my symptoms. I finally researched the ACAM doctors in my area and made an appointment. I could no longer help myself on my own. I found a doctor who I like so far and find him to be unusual in the sense that not only does he run a wellness center 4 days a week - he also is a family practitioner I have had several tests done and these are some of the results: below 50% on all red blood cell elements. Calcium low, maganesium low, chromium low, molybdemum low. Mercury high. Intestinal permiability "Leaky gut" was in the yellow range. Not necessarily full blown leaky gut but definitely signs that there is some damage to the intestinal barrier. CDSA stool analysis showed high level of EPX protein which reflects tissue damage and inflamation. (I have just sent in blood to check for celiac sprue even though I have not eaten wheat or gluten products for months). Stool Analysis revealed that there is no beneficial bacteria in me. No lactobacillius, or bifdobacterium - no growth noted) However, there was an overgrowth of Enterobacter cloacae which is a potential pathogen. The stool analalysis indicated no presence of yeast overgrowth. I have sent in another blood test to check for yeast antibodies in the blood. I also had a food sensitivity blood test done - and i found it interesting that I tested positive to bakers yeast and brewers yeast.
The dilema that I now have is that the doctor recommended cipro to control the overgrowth of Enterobacter bacteria. I asked him what he would do if he were me - knowing that he knows full well what effects cipro could have. If he was not a wellness doctor I probably would not consider it. However, I do not even know if my problems are candida related. It may be more of and overgrowth of enterbacteloacae. Stool sample did not show signs of yeast, and I felt no relief from following candida regiment. The drawback to taking cipro is that it wipes out all the good bacteria - which I apparently have any anyways. Cipro would not feed the yeast - only destroy goodbacteria if I had any. Why not take it for ten days - start with a clean slate then use probiotics heavily? Just interested in feedback or suggestions before I take.

Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (2)