CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Need Inspiration! Want to try Raw, but love food

joanne Views: 2,150
Published: 19 y

This is a reply to # 28,523

Re: Need Inspiration! Want to try Raw, but love food

In the beginning, when I first went raw, I ate lots of what I guess you would call 'raw gourmet' - cookbook recipes, raw restaurants, raw take-out...it's delicious, and very filling, and for some, like me, really important transitional food! I ate veggie lasagne and carob mousse pie and raw pizza and quiche...just like regular foods, only made with fresh, living ingredients. Those kinds of foods were real lifesavers! You should definitely see if there are any raw potlucks in your area, and pick up an 'uncookbook' or two, and experiment. And eat! Eat as much as you want. You're going to be surprised at how much sooner you're sated, because you're giving your body what it wants. And over time, very naturally, you'll start eating a bit less, and be very satisfied with fresher, simpler, easier to prepare foods.

The only way to know for sure is to jump in and try it! If it's too hard for you to make the commitment all at once, instead of going totally raw, why don't you have one meal a day totally raw, and for the other meals, cut out meat and dairy, maybe, or all flour products, or whatever it is that you'd like to eliminate from your diet?

For example, for breakfast every day, just eat fruit. Make a smoothie, have a fruit salad, or just eat 4 bananas. Whatever "just eat fruit" means to you. For lunch and dinner you could have a big salad and a baked potato, or a spanish omelet, or corn chips and salsa and guacamole, or you could try one of those recipes I mentioned. Just ease into it slowly, you'll see how much fun it is, and how good everything tastes!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.142 sec, (1)