CureZone   Log On   Join
Rehabs generally don't work

Views: 1,409
Published: 19 y

Rehabs generally don't work

I had a debate with a mother who has paid for 2 kids to go to 4 different rehabs. Since I've been sober for 2 years and did it without rehab, I had to throw in my 2 cents. See, I went to rehab 2 times and detox a whole bunch of other times. They never worked. I know, some of you will say it was my fault, and it was: I thought that some moron whose only experience being sober was from-the-rehab-to-the-halfway-house-ultimately-working-for-the-rehab might have some good recommendations for how to stay sober. Ha...ha...ha...

Those folks aren't really qualified to tell people in the 'real world' how to stay sober. I mean, what experience do they have in the 'real world' as far as being sober goes? None, of course, but that makes them low wage employees which benefits the financial bottom line of rehabs. What a coincidence, huh? You figure for the enormous fees that they charge clients that they'd have more psychologists on hand, but they don't. The occasional social worker, but that's it from my experience.

I've seen people get sober by attending meetings. I've seen people quit without 'the program' and at the end of the day, like they'll tell you in rehab, only 2 out of 50 stay sober for 5 years.

Rehab is a crock of cow dung. It is nonsensical, full of lame thearapy nonsense practised by so-called professionals playing Mr. Shrink. I know what they're selling and I'm not buying it...that is the whole concept. People are better off just quitting and attending meetings or just quitting altogether. I can't recall one success story from the dozens of people that I've seen in my life go to rebab--they just flopped. I know, blame the patient. Well, that's true, but it cannot be true in ALL of those situations. So I hold the so-called experts accountable for their nonsense.

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

I had a debate with a mother who has paid for 2 kids to go to 4 different rehabs. Since I've been sober for 2 years and did it without rehab, I had to throw in my 2 cents. See, I went to rehab 2 times and detox a whole bunch of other times. They never worked. I know, some of you will say it was my fault, and it was: I thought that some moron whose only experience being sober was from-the-rehab-to-the-halfway-house-ultimately-working-for-the-rehab might have some good recommendations for how to stay sober. Ha...ha...ha...

Those folks aren't really qualified to tell people in the 'real world' how to stay sober. I mean, what experience do they have in the 'real world' as far as being sober goes? None, of course, but that makes them low wage employees which benefits the bottom line of rehabs.

I've seen people get sober by attending meetings. I've seen people quit without 'the program' and at the end of the day, like they'll tell you in rehab, only 2 out of 50 stay sober for 5 years.

Rehab is a crock of cow dung. It is nonsensical, full of lame thearapy nonsense practised by so-called professionals playing Mr. Shrink. I know what they're selling and I'm not buying it...that is the whole concept. People are better off just quitting and attending meetings or just quitting altogether. I can't recall one success story from the dozens of people that I've seen in my life go to rebab--they just flopped. I know, blame the patient. Well, that's true, but it cannot be true in ALL of those situations. So I hold the so-called experts accountable for their nonsense.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)