CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Lactobacillus rhamnosus to prevent food allergies?

Tergot223 Views: 3,589
Published: 7 y

This is a reply to # 2,349,949

Re: Lactobacillus rhamnosus to prevent food allergies?

The research suggests the best option is a multi-strain probiotic.

I am having trouble finding Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG specifically though here in the UK.

http://www.ercprobioticenzymes.com/probioticbacteria.html ;

here for example, a product contains rhamnosus but no indication of which variety.

----------------------------------

At the moment I'm taking the following probiotics which I will not name at the moment:

Product 1 ) 10 billion per capsule consisting of the following strains:

Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21)

Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20)

Bifidobacterium lactis (CUL-34)

Procuct 2 ) 2 billion per capsule consisting of the following strains:

[Bacillus subtilis PXN 21, Bifidobacterium spp. (B. bifidum PXN 23, B. breve PXN 25, B. infantis PXN 27, B. longum PXN 30), Lactobacillus spp. (L. acidophilus PXN 35, L. delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus PXN 39, L. casei PXN 37, L. plantarum PXN 47, L. rhamnosus PXN 54, L. helveticus PXN 45, L. salivarius PXN 57), Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis PXN 63, Streptococcus thermophilus PXN 66],

---------------------------------------

What I may do is continue with the multi strain (product 2) and source additionally Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, whether singularly or as part of another multi-strain product. I'm hoping this may have the added benefit of helping my lichen sclerosus as I've read that Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG was used by one or two people on the net to treat their lichen sclerosus into remission.

Ultimately it's a win win situation because research suggests it's impossible to overdose on probiotics and that where people have linked probiotics to negative side-effects it is most likely anecdotal and not the culprit.

In terms of timings; I take both capsules in the morning with green tea shortly before eating breakfast.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.457 sec, (1)