CureZone   Log On   Join
Help! My Wife's Kidney Function is Declining

mtl777 Views: 4,263
Published: 8 y

Help! My Wife's Kidney Function is Declining

My wife is diabetic (Type 2) and her kidney function has been declining. She also has hypertension. Based on her lab tests of creatinine levels, the doctor said her kidney function is now down to about 34%.

My wife is taking medications for diabetes and high blood pressure prescribed by her doctor. The doctor recently added Furosemide (20 mg), a diuretic, to her regimen.

On the alternative side, she is taking the following supplements and herbs:

Vitamin C - 2000 mg daily
Vitamin D3 - 5000 iu daily
TrimethylGlycine - 1500 mg daily
Circulation Essentials (contains Niacin and extracts of Butcher's Broom, Ginkgo Biloba, Gotu Kola, Hawthorn, Bilberry, Ginger Root, Horse Chestnut, Garlic, and Cayenne Pepper) - 2 capsules daily
Kidney Essentials (contains Vitamin C, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Vitamin B-6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium Gluconate, Cranberry Extract, Juniper Berry, Corn Silk, Uva Ursi, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, and PABA) - 2 capsules daily
Vitamin E Mixed Tocopherols - 400 iu daily
Magnesium Citrate - 450 mg daily
Zinc - 30 mg daily
Selenium - 200 mcg daily
Alpha Lipoic Acid - 600 mg daily
Methylcobalamin B-12 - 1500 mcg daily
B-Right (optimized B complex) - 1 capsule daily
Fish Oil - 1 softgel daily
Chromium Polynicotinate - 600 mcg daily
Sanicle Herb Powder (full spectrum) - 4500 mg daily
Beet Root Circulation Support (contains Vitamin C, Methylcobalamin B-12, Hawthorn Berry, Watermelon Extract, and Nitric Oxide Blend of Beet Root, Spinach and Radish) - 2 capsules daily
Q Gel (high bioavailability Co-Q10) - 30 mg daily
Apple Cider Vinegar in water with a little baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and drops of Lugol's iodine, food grade H2O2, sanicle herb extract, and oregano oil

Is there anything in the above supplements or herbs that might contribute to kidney function decline and should be removed from her daily list?

Is it true that Magnesium and Potassium can worsen a failing kidney condition?

What do you suggest for my wife's declining kidney function? Should I add Chanca Piedra? Is Chanca Piedra good for improving kidney function or is it good only for breaking up kidney stones and should be used only if you have kidney stones?

I hope someone could help. I don't want my wife's condition to worsen to the point that she will need dialysis.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)