CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How I cured Jock Itch

chrsto Views: 12,011
Published: 8 y

This is a reply to # 2,065,772

Re: How I cured Jock Itch

The whistle blows, your team just has won a hard fought victory in the final seconds! Now, heading back to the showers you think about all of the great things you’ll receive for your efforts. Trophies, bragging rights, admiring glances from that special someone.

But there’s something else you’re getting for your troubles…and it’s starting to burn!

You’re now getting up close and personal with the blasted enemy of men the world over – Jock Itch. This very common villain is a fungal infection that targets the upper thighs and into the groin. To put in in doctor speak the medical term is Tinea Cruris, and for those of us not versed in the medical tongue, is pronounced tih-nee-uh krur-us.

Like many other tinea infections, jock itch is caused by different types of fungus called dermatophytes – another name for itchy f**kers.

Dermatophytes are microscopic fungi that live on dead tissues of hair, skin and nails (gross huh!). They thrive in moist, warm areas – which is why the upper thigh area is such a common spot for Tinea Cruris.

When you get all sweaty and don’t dry as well as you should, you’re creating the perfect environment for jock itch to thrive. Go buy a cowboy hat cause you’ve got a little Tinea Cruris farm right between your legs!

Why do I have Jock itch? I’m not a Jock!

Don’t let the name fool you, you don’t need to be a jock to get the itch! Tinea Cruris is however a very common issue for athletes, sportspeople and anyone who sweats a lot! It is more common in guys, but girls can get it too (even under their boobs!)! It’s also common in the more heavy set crowd, where chafing and wear and tear are abundant (even under their man-boobs!).

What are the common causes of Jock itch?

Jock itch can be caused by the simplest things.

Sweating
Hot and humid weather (get out of Florida!)
Friction from wearing tight clothes especially wet bathing suits
If you have other health conditions like diabetes and obesity, these may cause problems with your immune system and increase your chances of experiencing the red balls revolution.

How do I know if I have jock itch?

Ok, so we know what jock itch is and how it can be caused. So how do you know if what you have is actually jock itch?

Jock itch symptoms include:

Redness of the skin in groin, thigh and bum areas
A chaffing, burning and/or itching
Red, raised rash that is elevated from unaffected skin
Flaking, cracked skin that is easy to peel away.

Add To Favorites!
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
DISCLAIMER

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.108 sec, (2)