CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please tell me your experience with antidepressants

dragonzelda Views: 1,198
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,136,484

Re: Please tell me your experience with antidepressants

Hi,

I have OCD and have had for about ten years. I really prefer natural stuff, but for some reason I thought I would give SSRIs this a try.

At the beginning of this year I was prescribed 50mg of sertraline by my doctor and had an awful reaction within two days of taking it. I took it in the evening and the first night the back of my brain felt abit tingly, then the second night I woke up, had pins & needles going up & down my body, my heart was racing, I was so hot - I had to stand outside in the freezing winter to cool down . I honestly thought I was going to have a cardiac arrest. Btw I told my therapist this, and she basically alluded it was all a panic attack in my head rather than my bodys reaction to it.

Went back to the doctors, was then prescribed 10mg of citalopram, took this for a few weeks (the first week my thoughts were so low it was awful - and this is a known side effect) and started to feel 'okay' on it and went up to 20mg, the first day of 20mg I threw up, heart racing and just felt awful.

That was the end of SSRIs for me. I did not react well to them and just felt like they were masking the problem and have gone back to natural cures. I wouldn't recommend them, it was an awful time being on them but then maybe there are others with OCD that they worked for. I also didn't like the idea of having to take them my whole life.

Hope that helps :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.140 sec, (1)