CureZone   Log On   Join
Teeth feeling funny while fasting!

mariamrosefield Views: 6,201
Published: 9 y

Teeth feeling funny while fasting!

Dear water fasters!

I just joined here on this site, but I have been reading the posts for a while now.

Half a year ago I did a water fast, somewhat unintentionally. It just so happened that my body felt right without eating for those days. It lasted 3 days, but in the middle of it I woke at night, shaking a little, and a squeeze of lemon in some hot water felt like a meal.

So, a month ago I did a prepared 36 hour fast, and it was wonderful. Both times were simply wonderful. Anyway, this last time I noticed that my teeth felt somewhat weird. Like my bite was a little out of alignment, one side felt "shorter" than the other. This does happen some times if I sleep in a weird position, but then it goes away during the day, but it's not something that is a problem otherwise. So, this time of fasting it became an actual problem, I could barely bite/clench my teeth together without a terrible uncomfortable feeling. It wasn't pain, but it wasn't right either. As I started to slowly eat again, it got back to normal after a week approximately.

Any thoughts on this? I am planning on and hoping to do a 7 or 10 day Water Fast this up coming week, and I'd like to know if any of you have experienced anything similar or have an idea how to prevent it/help soothe it in case it happens again.

To be clear, it's nothing that would stop me from trying again, but in case it becomes unbearable, I'll listen to my heart and be gentle and stop.

Some times it helps to bite down on a popsickle stick on the side that feels like the teeth are "taller", so it somehow balances out after 3-4 minutes, but it didn't work while fasting a month ago.

I'm 24 years old, female and have never had braces, fillings or any other dentals issues. Nor medical ones, really. I do have some neck problems, but I'm working on that with yoga and exercises.

Wish you all a beautiful morning, day, night and thank you for this wonderful space in cyberspace.

Oh, and should I use toothpaste while fasting? Baking soda?

-M

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)