CureZone   Log On   Join
NEED ADVICE. Kefir making me sick!

leakygutdude Views: 4,408
Published: 9 years ago

NEED ADVICE. Kefir making me sick!

I have Candida and leaky guy. I have been on the candida diet for about 45 days and have been using anti fungal and store bought high quality probiotics. I was looking for an extra kick in the probiotic category so I started researching Kefir and gave it a go.
I recently made my first few batches of Milk and Water Kefir. I started off using Whole Organic Milk with the milk grains I received. After a few starter batches everything looked to be good to go. I drank about a two cups in a day and suddenly got very sick. I was sick for about three days and I thought I might have a dairy intolerance to it. The Water kefir I had made using Water kefir grains and coconut Sugar finished about three days ago. I felt a little better so I tried it. Again, according to instructions and research I've done everything correctly and looked good to go. I drank about a cup of it yesterday and by the end of the day I had horrible gas and diarrhea. Its now the day after and I feel sick at my stomach still, almost like I have the stomach flu.
My question is should I stop taking the Kefir and move back to store bought probiotics. Or am I having a reaction based on bad gut bacteria. I would really like to take Kefir, I have heard so many great things about it, but I can't keep making myself sick like this. Any help is appreciated!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.068 sec, (1)