CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: current regulating diodes:

Esstee Views: 4,131
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,260,805

Re: current regulating diodes:

Sorry I missed your post :/

The current rating is proportionate to your electrode size. More specifically your Anode(positive electrode). And the rule of thumb on this is typically 1mAh per/sq. inch of wetted electrode. - This has proven to be a good rule to follow in most cases.

As for the cathode, it's usually best to try and keep an inferior Cathode to Anode ratio(1:2 or better). Which is a very good way to establish and maintain a safe current draw on your Anode. Though there is no rule of thumb here as the parameters will change according to electrode size, temperature and initial solution volume.

That said, You are right on the relationship between current(mAh) and particle size. Though I'd also point out that there are physical limits to the minimum potential size a Colloidal Silver nano-particles can possess which I believe is important to recognize prior to committing to a given process.

ie, lower current means longer run-times. Longer run-times means more oxide formation on your electrodes and in solution. And so the trick with such things, is to balance the parameters of the process so as to produce the best possible solution for your needs.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)