CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Licorice root - fatter face??

Piuma Views: 1,902
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,237,576

Re: Licorice root - fatter face??

I have a log symptom list that I keep in a 1-1/2 inch binder. I am running out of room and now going to a 2 inch binder.

I asked my doctor for some lab work and she tested some not all my hormones but I will ask about pregnenolone.

Have you ever had hair analysis done?

Today I have the worst heart flutter. I had to sit through a meeting and it felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest. People were talking and my brain was so slow. I couldn't think!!

Did you ever experience Stage 1 adrenal fatigue? I was initially given cortisol lower supplements but that seemed to make things worse. I was then given licorice root and I did okay on that initially but I think it lowered my potassium or interacted strangely with progesterone HRT.

I guess I hold out hope that there is this one supplement or right combo of supplements that will right this situation. Several years ago, I messed up my adrenals using Spirolactone and Flonase. I went bat sh*t. I was up for days, talked gibberish and had the most epic panic attacks. I went to the ER at UCLA complaining I couldn't sleep and they put me in the psych ward. I cried and told them this felt hormonally. They gave me some Ativan and sent me home. At one I was on Lexapro and Ativan and still could not sleep for more than 3 hours at a time even though I discontinued my medication. Finally I read about estrogen dominance and begged my ob/gyn to give me some progesterone. She was reluctant but I tried some progesterone and for the first time in months I slept like a baby. It was a total fluke but it worked. That's why I like to think if I work hard enough and do enough detective work, I can figure it out. Or hopefully help other people who are going thru the same thing I am.

That's why I am curious as to what other people's symptoms are...what they try and whether it worked for them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)