CureZone   Log On   Join
Do I have a thyroid problem? Is Lugol's safe?

Views: 3,240
Published: 9 y

Do I have a thyroid problem? Is Lugol's safe?

In 2009, I started to have some symptoms such as sudden weight gain (20 lbs in two years), exercise intolerance while on regular exercise, average heart rate (in 24 hours holter monitor) is 92, headache (top of head), dizziness, shortness of breath, occasional numbness in legs, blurry vision, need alot of sleep or napping, can doze off at work.

My blood tests were all normal but there was a significant change in my TSH level which dropped from 2.1 mUI/ml to 1.6 mUI/ml to 0.9 mUI/ml(counter check in another laboratory 1.5 mUI/ml). I was told my thyroid is normal but I believe there is an issue based on my symptoms and TSH level. I had further testing for thyroid my FT3 is 4.16 pmol/l and my FT4 is 15.5 pmol/l.

I've read Dr. Rind literature on adrenal and thyroid: I found myself to be (from high TSH pre-2009) optimum TSH, higher than optimum FT4 and FT3 (right side of FT4) but not within the criteria of Grave Disease, I have no further guidance in the aspect of thyroid health based on TSH, FT3, FT4. It is worth mention that my symptoms improved over the years.

This year, I decided to start using Lugol's solution (5%) 4 drops in water for few days now for detoxification. I'm gonna start to measure my temperature daily as an indicator of my metabolism rate as per Dr. Rind recommendations. I want to know if the above TSH, FT3, FT4 and my original symptoms were signs of any thyroid problem and if it is safe to continue using Lugol's solution.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)