CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Chronic Migraine Pain Relief Personal Experience

mostlysunny Views: 3,433
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,157,266

Re: Chronic Migraine Pain Relief Personal Experience

Hello Robert-

Not sure you will read this since your post was 9 months ago.

In any case, nothing wrong with cutting coffee out to help cure your headaches! I have read conflicting evidence about caffeine & migraines. Some people think that caffeine actually helps get rid of migraines...! I saw a doctor awhile ago who recommended having an espresso if I felt a migraine coming on. Migraines can be caused by many things.

Look into the herbs feverfew & butterbur. Both are useful for migraines. I try to avoid most drugs but Excedrin actually helps me. I had a prescription drug for migraines that was pretty expensive & the Excedrin was better. I really didn't like the drug since it completely knocked me out & I still had the headache when I woke up. Excedrin contains acetaminophen, 250 mg aspirin and 65 mg caffeine. I believe, with feverfew & butterbur, you have to take them consistently over time for them to work. I'm not sure off-hand but you could do a search to find more info.

To protect your liver from adverse effects of the acetaminophen you can take NAC (N-acetylcysteine). There's lots of references to it for acetaminophen toxicity if you research it.

For women, migraines can be caused by hormonal changes. I'm not sure if this is the case with men.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)