CureZone   Log On   Join
Brain atrophy (shrinkage). HELP.

Views: 5,450
Published: 10 y

Brain atrophy (shrinkage). HELP.

Hi, I need some advice and help.

My brain has VISIBILY shrunken, I can tell this because when I look in the mirror my eyes are smaller and have sunken backwards into my head, I have hollow dark circles under my eyes, and newly formed wrinkles, I AM ONLY 24 YEARS OLD, My face looks that of a corpse.

I have servere Depression and anxiety and have had this for 8 years with only a couple of years of releif from the DEPRESSION. My memory is so bad, my concentration is poor and all of my motivaiton is gone.

In the last 4 years I had a servere eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia, I abused laxatives, fasted and binge/purged ALOT.
I am now recovered from this, apart from occasionally binge. I have gained 40 kilograms in a year. Whereas during my eating disorder I lost up to 60 kilograms (I was very heavy to begin with)

Last year I went through a period of servere alcoholism, where i was drinking more than a fully grown man could drink every night, sometimes up to 20+ standard drinks.
I was blacking out nightly and I'm surprised I'm not dead right now. This went on for 7 months. This is when I started noticing my eyes changing the most.

I am now SOBER and eating heathily.

Can my brain recover from this? Can it literally grow back in size so my eyes start looking like their old selves again? What do I do? I'm terrified I have permanantely damaged myself

Thank you

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (1)