CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Where Lies The Quackery In The Use Of Ozonated Olive Oil?

FillmoreD Views: 4,004
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,148,058

Re: Where Lies The Quackery In The Use Of Ozonated Olive Oil?

I cannot think of one occasion where someone of my family asked another what their cure was, for a condition. Yet, that’s from my perspective.
I’m sure it happens, to a varying extent. I’ve seen women discuss remedies for their children. But asking a friend, “What do you have in your medicine chest for condition ‘X’?” is one I can’t recall asking.

I might ask a host for something specific, like “Asprin,” or some other drug I know will alleviate whatever is bothering me at the moment. Or, I’ll just wait until I get home, or if on a trip, go to a local pharmacy and buy it.

Vanity and a need for privacy, drive most to consult with family members for medical advice, or if it seems beyond the scope of such help, their doctor. These forums serve as an outreach for those who’ve not been served by either of these two paths.

I happen to be from one of those families you mention in your statement.

As a child, I learned the term “ozonado” long before I even knew what ozone was. We always put “aceite ozonado” (ozonated oil), a salve, on burns, cuts, skin outbreaks of most any sort and diluted it with olive oil, to apply around the edges of one’s eyes, if infected (careful, it stings). And yes, some ingest it, in diluted form, but I can’t recall anyone in my family having done so.

What I find peculiar, is the same ignorance of its use prevails in the UK, as well, despite it being commonly used in other Western European Countries!

I would venture that it is amidst this unfamiliarity with the salve and its properties, that some “far out” claims have been made. I’m sure coincident healing, during trial usage has lent itself to many tales being woven.

Having a scientific knowledge of both the substance and the disease, it is being championed for treating, is the only manner by which one may begin to weed out these anecdotes.

The very market of “ozonated olive oils” available, is a manifestation of the general American Public’s ignorance of the substance and its use. That so many “strengths,” at varying prices and purity, give testimony to a public able to be told most anything, in an effort to have them buy whatever is offered for sale. The present market, from the product itself, to equipment to make it, hearkens back to the days of “snake oil!”

Its successful use by those who’ve not previously experienced its benefit, such as those with lesions caused by Lupus, can inspire high, almost raving praise. The same is seen in those newly using it for treating various skin conditions with which they’ve suffered for years! There is little wonder that word of mouth does not induce others to endeavor and see if it heals their respective ailment, regardless of what it is!

So, yes! We can expect these anecdotes which “beg credulity,” as you put it.

For the sake of credibility, not until the public sees fit to buy only top quality, full strength, ozonated olive oil, as a standard to use, will they have a chance to judge its efficacy!
What’s more, a little knowledge of what it actually is wouldn’t hurt! That, coupled with an understanding of the physiological nature of their disorder, will help them judge whether the salve can aid them and ignore fanciful claims.

I found your entreaty to this discussion interesting. The input of others I’m sure will be no less so.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)