CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Can Triamcinolone Acetonide Be An Answer

Ibinns Views: 26,193
Published: 10 y

Can Triamcinolone Acetonide Be An Answer

I know I have had quite a hiatus from this forum and the truth is that I have really been trying to deal with my EC condition on an emotional level. I will soon make 20 years of having this horrible condition come June of this year. So, no-one can really imagine how I've been feeling.

On to a more positive note, I have been doing some research on this steroid cream, Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% and what it does. It helps to treat oral lesions along with inflammation. I have reason to believe the inflammation stems inside the membrane tissues of this lips. This in turn causes the minor salivary glands to become blocked and cannot secrete saliva. This ties in with the white gunk as it seems to be blocked up saliva that somehow seeps through. This also accounts for the white lining across the mucosa lining of the mouth and also the excessive feeling of dryness.

Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% seems to be very effective at reducing tissue inflammation, oral tissues in particular. I believe that Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% was the biggest contributing factor in regards to the healing of Daniel Miller's lips.

Daniel used this exact form of Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% pictured below. It is not recommended to expose yourself to the sun for long periods of time with this on. This is why Daniel used Aquaphor for times when he would be out & about.

I am actually using a form of Triamcinolone Acetonide but it is in a dental paste and I believe that its effects are a bit more watered down as opposed to the actual cream pictured above. However, I have noticed that some lines on my lips are returning & I don't get a lot of the buildup of skin as much as I used to. I have been using the steroid cream for almost a month now off and on. The dental paste dries the shit out of my lips, and I told this to my doctor and he said that the excessive dryness may have some benefit. I feel that curezone is anyone's best bet if they're suffering from EC and that going to see a doctor for this condition is totally useless for the most part. There are always exemptions to this though. The Triamcinolone Acetonide will work best if there are no secondary infections present.

I will post more about this later as I am at work and don't have too much time to really write down a lot of what I have discovered. I am not a doctor, so please don't take this as any form of medical advice. I am simply a very observant & analytical person who loves to do research. I am also seriously f**king tired of suffering from EC!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)