CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Can Triamcinolone Acetonide Be An Answer?

Ibinns Views: 25,053
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,150,194

Re: Can Triamcinolone Acetonide Be An Answer?

I forgot to mention that Daniel did also state that he gently rubbed off the buildup on his lips before applying a moisturizer. I have begun to realize that the buildup should be gently removed somewhat because the buildup blocks the complete absorption of a barrier in the form of a cream. The buildup is composed of multiple layers of dead keratinized skin.

This is where the steroid cream succeeded. When the buildup comes off it exposes the raw, red part of the skin. That red rawness you are witnessing is the membranal inflammation. In order for an anti-inflammatory agent to truly work it needs to be applied as close to the inflamed tissue as possible. With the inflamed tissue protected with a barrier cream, the body no longer detects a presence of an external threat and thus begins the healing process. This is another reason why the moisturization method brings about improvement with the condition.

However, a potent anti-inflammatory substance should be used because if you are going to expose the rawness of the inflammation then you need to capitalize on the opportunity & offer the body some assistance towards healing.

In stating this I can say that the leave it alone method will eventually work but only if there is no secondary infection present. The problem I have detected in this equation is the fact that the buildup itself can be a magnet to a bacterial infection. As the buildup itself begins to decay it produces its own troublesome bacteria. In short, when the buildup gets to a certain point it can act as a petri dish lined with agar.

The reason why the moisturization process seems to improve the condition quicker is because the body's attention is directed more towards healing than protecting itself.

I hope this makes as much sense to those reading it as it does to me. If not then, I can explain it in greater detail.

By the way, in case if anyone here was overly curious; I was a biology major back in school. This is why certain things just seem to be as clear as daylight to me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)