CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Inappropriately Touched

Views: 2,880
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,144,062

Re: Inappropriately Touched

I'm very sorry to read of this. You are very articulate for your age, and I'm going to respond appropriately.

First - you are not responsible for the choices that your father is making. If he is doing something that is wrong, you would not be sending him to jail, dear heart. His own actions will result in whatever consequences he experiences.

Second - you don't "let" your father do anything. He does what he does because he CAN, and making you feel responsible for HIS actions is very typical of abusers. You aren't "guilty" of anything. It's a terrible, terrible abuse of trust when someone that we depend upon to care for us does bad things and tries to blame us for their choices and actions. You are NOT at fault, on any level.

Third - the only way to make him stop is to tell someone. You didn't mention your mother, so it may be that you wouldn't feel comfortable telling her. Once you make the decision to tell someone what's happening, many things will follow, and it's not going to be easy. But, you'll no longer be a victim and become a Survivor. You don't deserve this. You don't. And, I realize that you love your father, but he's messed up and he needs to be stopped. There will be lots of support for you in the way of counseling, etc.

Talk to your school counselor, your teacher, or someone that you trust. Tell them what is happening so that you will be safe and begin recovering and healing from this most heinous of all betrayals.

Sites to visit:
www.thehotline.org
www.rainn.org

My very brightest blessings to you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)