CureZone   Log On   Join
Coconut Oil Fasting = Magic Bullet!?!

TheFallenChampion Views: 13,904
Published: 11 y

Coconut Oil Fasting = Magic Bullet!?!

I can't answer that (yet) but I sure as hell hope so! I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else has done a coconut oil fast (or detox), particularly Dr. Bruce Fife's Coconut Oil Detox.

If his fast/detox does the trick for me, Dr. Fife is going down as my all-time favorite health guru/hero! I stumbled upon his work/website a few days ago while researching oil/fat fasting. The research blew me away, (and I do health research for a living, so it takes A LOT to impress me!). Portions of Dr. Fife's book, Coconut Cures, are freely available online, including the entire section where he describes his protocol for the Coconut Oil Detox. I started to become hopeful… it looks like a very solid protocol, and it involves consuming almost entirely coconut oil (i.e. fat… the one macronutrient I can eat almost exclusively without feeling very unbalanced).

However, as with other things, I still had my doubts. The few major health issues I face are VERY stubborn. Furthermore, on countless occasions, I've taken supplements, meds, and/or embarked upon certain diets that have had very high success rates for others with the same issues, only to have them fail miserably for me.

The sliver of hope turned to a dim light at the end of the tunnel yesterday afternoon after trying some coconut oil (straight out of the jar for the first time). After a week of some "HARDCORE" dieting, I awoke hungry and weak Saturday morning. Breakfast was just over 2,500 calories and it was not a binge (in terms of perception)… I literally left the table still feeling like I could EASILY eat another 2,500 calories. A few hours later, (despite having eaten nothing but raw, wholesome foods – fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds), I experienced the all too familiar "blood Sugar rollercoaster" that accompanies such a "re-feed". Typically when this happens, the weakness/shakiness result in lunch and dinner of 1,000-2,000+ calories each; and NOTHING has been effective in stopping the blood Sugar swings. I usually "let it run its course" and am typically fine the next morning. Thus, when the 4.5 TBSP of coconut oil I ingested yesterday afternoon stopped the "blood Sugar rollercoaster" dead in its tracks, (and within a matter of minutes), the sliver of hope really started to grow…

…today (as I write this) I'm nearing the end of Day 1 of my coconut oil fast (or as Dr. Fife has named it, the Coconut Oil Detox). The dim light at the end of the tunnel is definitely shinning brighter. Let's just say, (having done over 20-30 fasts over the course of the past 5.5 yrs., ranging in length from 1 to 50+ days), I've never come close to feeling as amazing as I felt today. While I didn't feel up for the likes of a 6+ mile hike or a 60 minute weight lifting workout, I was lightly active doing chores/errands and on my feet almost all day! Those of you reading this that are not prone to weight gain/lethargy (and/or are the type that actually feels better when fasting) may be thinking big f*ucking deal! But for someone like me, this is a HUGE f*cking deal… especially in light of the fact that in order to successfully fast, I typically INCREASE my caffeine dosage (yet still barely have the energy to get off my chair to use the bathroom, get a drink of water, etc.). The fact that I've more than halved my caffeine dosage yet was on my feet all day doing chores/errands really speaks volumes!

Anyhow, I just wanted to share my experience in the event this helps anyone. If things continue to go this awesome, I will definitely be posting a detailed log (and purchasing a pile of Dr. Fife's books and maybe even sending him a donation!). As per my usual style, I've tweaked his protocol slightly to fit with what works best for me, but I'm definitely still well within the boundaries of the protocol.

Well, more later! If anyone else has done coconut oiling fasting (aka detoxing), I'd love to hear it. In researching oil/fat fasting, I definitely encountered far fewer forums/reports/protocols than I anticipated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)