CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Trying to understand labs and fatigue

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Energy Awareness Course
Use CureZone kode to get a free session!

Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

purplepixie Views: 7,819
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,108,129

Re: Trying to understand labs and fatigue

You're very welcome - information is power and when we're ill we don't feel powerful so amassing some understanding of our health system helps us fight the fight! :-)

It's interesting you had a bad reaction to the T3/T4 combo and Armour...from what i've read over and over about this type of response is that the adrenals are not able to 'match-up' to the increased thyroid function...hence the initial boost from the meds, as you described, followed by symptoms a few days later due to the adrenals slugging behind.
Many practitioners support the notion of treat the adrenals first, then the thyroid. It's almost like a golden rule.

It is strange that your OB would suggest using things to lower cortisol (which subsequently would lower BP) while telling you to avoid niacin, which lowers BP. As you already have low BP that in itself suggest adrenal dysfunction/low cortisol/aldosterone/renin/angiotensin imbalance.
I tend to get heart-racing episodes on B complex and i do think it's the niacin so i ended up buying all the B's seperately to take and avoid niacin, except for minute doses. It's best to take the B's together as they all work synergistically and just taking loads of B5 for adrenal health can cause imbalance in the other B's which work with B5.

Your VVS - did that start after thyroid/adrenal problems or before? It could be that you have these low BP attacks because of the endocrine imbalance/low BP and that it's not primarily the VVS that's causing low BP. It's a result of having low BP...it's worth considering that angle.

I too have low BP attacks, body cramps and pains with intense nausea and vomiting, profuse sweating, then i collapse without an iota of energy. I'm still conscious but cannot speak clearly or move. My body temp. drops very low to 34 degrees and my skin turns blue. After an hour i 'come round' and recover. I'm not sure if this is due to BP dropping dangerouly low or cortisol dropping too low.
When these attacks are milder i have intense nausea and leg or stomach cramps, and am weak all over. Like you said, laying down and fainting is an odd feeling.

If you didn't feel much benefit from the rhodiola, P.S etc then they might not be suited to your adrenal state. It's best to give them a good try for 2-3 weeks and monitor symptoms. I haven't tried those supplements personally so maybe someone will chirp in with how long it takes to see a benefit from them.
If you really don't feel any different or worse then it's time to reconsider the protocol route. Something i've done a couple of times!
I'm not a believer of mega-dosing with fish oil or just omega 6....it's important to have good ratio's of 3 and 6 and unless we know what levels of each we have - it's wise to stick to small doses of each in the right ratio.
I personally find fish oil gives me headaches.

It's a good idea to get your liver checked out if you have slight jaundice too...especially as you have the hemangiomas.
For liver detoxing do a general search on curezone in the box above...there's many excellent post on methods and herbs used. Many do coffee enema's, some don't react well to them, other feel much more clearer with them so it's about trying these things out.
I didn't do well initially with coffee enemas, felt so nauseous and sluggish afterwards. But i kept persisting as i also had constipation at the time and i then had experiences of feeling really energised after a C.E. So i think it depends on the state the body is in. Also the method used is different to a normal water enema. You only hold a coffee enema in the lower part of the colon...so that it purges one of the (many) 'tubes' coming from the liver into the colon. Search for posts on here for more in-depth instructions on how to do them if that's a route you're interested in. Many report it helps with brain-fog and fatigue.

Like you, and many others, i too had bad experiences with doctors when younger...it sets us up for learning that unless we're on the verge of dying, it's best not to bother with a doctor!
As you say, it's a profession, which sadly is run by big pharma incentives and that alone has affected the quality of 'doctoring'.
Like with any profession, those that have genuine passion for their field are excellent at it - especially when it comes to doctors. Like the many doctors on youtube and those with websites....they have passion and enjoy putting out information to the public on health issues to help educate. I'm on the hunt for a passionate doctor!

As you are in the USA you have a wide choice to pick from. Many will do phone consultations and will refer you to a lab closer to home etc to make it convenient to do labs. I don't think you should let distance put you off if you find a good recommendation online of an endocrinologist. Be willing to travel for a face to face consultation to become aquainted. If you find an 'integrative' Endo. that would be like striking gold! Useful as they have an awareness of gentle balancing treatments and also know when medication is needed. They are out there. :-)

I'm in Ireland and the choice here is limited. Recommendations are impossible to find...so i'm trying to recover enough so that i have the stress tolerance to travel and consult with a better Endo.
As a hard-working taxpayer i am seriously peeved that when i need medical care, it's not there.
I'd start a revolution if i had the energy!! hahaa...

Stay strong, you're doing well to embrace everything you have with what you've been through - which shows how much strength you have. Remember to rest! :-)
There's many on here who are going through this and are wonderful support and have tried many routes of healing...so you always have support and a place to ask questions.
Wishing you charmed luck from Ireland :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (3)