CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Trying to understand labs and fatigue

purplepixie Views: 7,913
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,107,837

Re: Trying to understand labs and fatigue

When your BP spikes do you get an adrenaline-rush feeling, heart palpitations? Do you get excessive sweating at this time or episodes of sweating?
It's unusual to hear of someone having low BP then bouts of high BP...except for some causes like pheochromacytoma.
A 24hr urine metanephrine test is useful and cheap to detect this. Also serum metanephrine testing if you have a doctor who will do the lab. Just to rule it out.

You're awaiting cortisol labs - are you getting any other hormone levels checked out too, testosterone, estradiol, prog? These are taken at ovulation mostly and so can show any deficits or dominance of hormones when they're needed most.

You sound on the right track - the T3 meds not making you any better but worse point to adrenal issues. "Stop the Thyroid Madness' website has LOADS of info about these correlations based on thousands of patients experience.

Hypo thyroid and high testosterone/low prog. can cause hair loss. You have a lot of hair loss though so that's significant and could be mostly due to no treatment for your Hashi's. If you assertain your adrenal status and help support them first, if you then introduce a thyroid protocol your hair growth could improve.

When you get to the point of not functioning and have a handful of labs showing low or high or out of range, you know there's imbalance and the golden needle in the haystack is to find a doctor who will work WITH you. It's worth the hunt for a good doctor.

The endless stories about dismissive doctors really outrages me. Truly, i'm lost for words at the level of gross negligence being committed by those who have our lives in their hands. We have to be our own advocates and continue to push for answers when labs come up abnormal.

I relate to the ovulation '1 day' relief...i tend to have a dribble of estrogen which helps generate more neurotransmitters.
My estrogen and prog. during ovulation was very low on my labs, when they should be at their highest at this time, also i have very high T. Yet i feel BETTER at ovulation than other times, suggesting estrogen and prog. are almost non-existent at other times...when i feel so much intense brain-function issues.

If you end up going down the HRT route - i would recommend bio-identical hormone use rather than prescription equine urine hormones which our receptors react differently to.

In the past i've taken just a miniscule amount of bio-identicle progesterone and 2 hours later my mind is clearer, i feel calmer and i have energy and focus to do things. It's an amazing feeling.
I've come to appreciate that when our hormones are even a little bit out of ideal range for us personally, it can have far-reaching effects which only get worse with time. (everyone is different what their 'ideal' numbers are - lab ranges are a wide, loose guide)

When you consider the main 'chakra' positions of the body, which come from ancient healing modalities - if we look with a more modern scientific mindset at these systems of healing we see that each 'chakra' point relates to endocrine glands, not body parts as often touted:
Crown chakra - Hypothalamus
3rd Eye Chakra - Pituitary
Throat Chakra - Thyroid/Parathyroid
Heart Chakra - Thymus
Solar Plexus - Adrenals
Sacral Chakra - Ovaries/Testes

To me, this is very significant as i've come to learn that hormones drive us physiologically, encode gene expression, aid in reproduction, digestion, blood Sugar regulation, bone density and health, growth, cardiovascular health, pretty much every element of our biological being is dictated and driven and only POSSIBLE due to hormones.
Old age is defined by reduced/reducing/loss of hormone levels.

Of course ill health can have many causes, not just hormonal, but by doing cheap easy tests to determine hormone levels it's a fast-track way to ruling-out the most common imbalances.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)