CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: CBS/MTHFR Mutations, mercury chelation, Leaky Gut, Food allergies, Weston A Price, how do you supplement for these?

purplepixie Views: 7,021
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,101,490

Re: CBS/MTHFR Mutations, mercury chelation, Leaky Gut, Food allergies, Weston A Price, how do you supplement for these?

Endless benefits from gene testing so far - even explaining the rife of autoimmune illnesses my family suffer with...and congenital problems my siblings children are having.

My Vitamin A conversion of carotene is impaired, probably why i've been a huge carrot muncher my whole life, with no benefit whatsoever, and why my eyesight is so dire. Taking retinol oil has really improved floaters and skin condition.

The detox pathways as stated above is a biggie, MTHFR, CBS, COMT, ACE,MTRR, NOS, SOD, GAD +/+ genes really show where exactly i am having trouble detoxing and would be something i would not have been aware of the specifics of where i was struggling, if it had not been for the gene test.

Neurotransmitter regulation also a massive benefit to see the enzymatic genetic mutations there and why i would become a heroin addict in a heartbeat (if i ever were to try the stuff!) and why SSRI's won't ever help (never bothered with them anyway).
Why i'm prone to glutamate toxicity and am a naturally anxious person due to very impaired conversion of glutamate to GABA.

A post months ago i made about SAMe and feeling suddenly violently suicidal is also now explained through the results.

So on the whole, if you're into health stuff anyway and appreciate and are interested in how the body detoxes, forms neurotransmitters, uses minerals and vitamins, etc etc learning about the genetic enzymes that do those jobs from your own personal gene results, is an eye-opener and fascinating. You'll find yourself saying to yourself 'So THAT'S why i've never liked eating...blahblah', 'That's why 3 people in my family have ..." - as you learn about the genetic enzymes doing a job in the body to keep the body running you can try to accomodate those mutations, like i no longer rely on vegetables for vitamin A anymore after 25+ years of doing so.

For the layman with no previous interest or research of health and no knowledge at all, the gene test will be confusing and will seem useless without a genetic practitioner to help interpret the results.

The results helped me ultimately heal myself enough so i was no longer bed-bound. I've still a long way to go with the protocol of nutrigenomics i've set for myself...but i'm taking it slow, and am happy with slow progress. It's nice to be functioning more, as i spent a year in bed wondering if i was going to see my 36th birthday!

I asked the mods for a nutrigenomics forum but they didn't answer. //www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=2087982#i

If you think it's a good idea support the cause!

Go to phoenixrising.com forum section on 'gene testing'...exceptional info there about the methyl. cycles. Curezone is a dead zone for this type of info, and mods don't seem interested to change that unfortunately!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.117 sec, (2)