CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please help me with my OXIMETER readings

Views: 7,303
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,066,726

Re: Please help me with my OXIMETER readings

"I am going to buy another brand of a recording oximeter to verify these numbers and then take them to a pulmonologist, but I want opinions/thoughts in the meantime please and thank you for your time! :-)"

I bought my oximeter at Costco for under $50 and have never had a problem with it.  It sounds as if you may have issues beyond apnea as I do and mine are that of an irregular heart beat.  This can make the pulse rate erratic but I've never had one below 40 bpm.

I use a CPAP device and mask and have sleep apnea so my condition is somewhat different than yours.  My pressure on the CPAP is at eight pounds.  While wearing the mask I seldom drop below 90% oxygen and I simply don't go for one night without wearing the mask.  Have been told that all it takes is one event of apnea at the right time to stop breathing - forever.  I'm 81 and have been using my CPAP for about three years.  By the way, I have had a lung lobe removed on my right side, and a lung section removed on my left side - both from cancer and at different times within the past five years.

What you don't mention is going to a sleep clinic.  I've been there twice, once for diagnosis and then once for analysis for the best type of device and pressures, etc.  In the sleep clinic they have more than 20 different wires hooked up to you so they monitor all of your body functions as you sleep both by electronics and they also have a human behind one-way glass watching you as well. 

I've also gone through at least ten CPAP masks trying to find a good fit that doesn't leak and that is a continuing problem that many people have.  My current mask is pretty good but am always on the lookout for a better fit.

I will tell you that I'm about 10 pounds overweight and when I was first diagnosed with apnea I was more than 30 pounds overweight.  Your number one goal should be to get to your normal weight.  Your second objective should be to get into a sleep doctor who can direct you to a clinic.  And finally, wear your mask every night.  If you don't, it could be fatal.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.102 sec, (2)