CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: All glass water distiller build question

stjohn Views: 15,066
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,404,837

Re: All glass water distiller build question

I am also looking to make an all glass distiller. My design is a stationary all borosilicate (Pyrex) stove top unit. the distiller would include a vent to off gas pollutants that have a lower boiling point than water...

The unit condenser coil would be a piece that stands on it's own just to the side or middle of the stove-top over the collection carafe. So the whole system is in 3 pieces with the vent as part of the condenser.

This design requires no movable hoses or parts other than a 3 piece breakdown. There is no concern that an electric element will break or burn out. it can be cleaned easily. You can have more than one water carafe to refrigerate or use for coffee...

This unit also requires no electric power source. It can be taken and used on a campfire..

I think this simple design makes it cheaper and more functional. I would probably add a small amount of Himalayan salt or a blend of trace minerals to the distilled product to mineralize the water for drinking ...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.105 sec, (1)