CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: All glass water distiller build question

cporro Views: 15,052
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,404,837

Re: All glass water distiller build question

it would be great for someone to make a better distiller. for that matter a better coffee maker, better cookware.

i have a cheap distiller right now. i have also looked at the rain stuff.

imo no one should be making a water distiller where the distilled/pure water comes into contact with metals and plastics. that's exactly what happens with my $100 distiller.

if i were to build one...and i'm never going to...this is what i would do.

1) lab glass distilling coil. or some other un-reactive bio compatible material. maybe titanium (used in implants).

2) i have a plastic basket type thing that holds my carbon filter where the water drips out. the idea is good. remove VOC with a carbon filter. but using plastic allows leaching. so make this out of lab glass (or something that can't leach).

3) the boiling vessel? could be made out of anything in theory i suppose since nothing except VOCs will boil out of it. glass, metal, but if should be easy to clean. easy tio remove and fill with water.

4) boiling vessel - coil seal. to me this does not have to be perfect. it's not high pressure. if you wanted to go for an all glass design you could just have beginning of the coil have a very wide mouth. i've seen lab glassware fit together well enough for a decent seal. anyway, i don't think you need to use silicon. scary.

5) if you really want to get the VOCs out you could always boil the water in a pot on the stove first. yay! they are now in your home to breath. now take the hot water and put it in the distiller. much faster! but i'm ok with the carbon filter at the end of coil.

6) collection container should be glass. maybe have a lid so dust doesn't settle in it while sitting on the counter.

7) adding minerals back...would be nice. but i'm paranoid about trusting the source of these.

8) the other stuff you mention... energizing the water. not sure i buy it. i just want the flouride, chlorine, heavy metals, and lord knows what else is in there out!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (1)