Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
banxx Views: 15,375
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,895,809

Re: Terrible Levaquin Reaction... Please Help

No my friend, it is a cause of the Levaquin. Levaquin, being part of the fluroquinolone family, is a potent Antibiotic that was initially used to treat cancer patients.

My story with Levaquin began a few months back, and besides having constant brain fog, most of my symptoms subsided. I was diagnosed with chronic sinusitis, and was perscribed Levaquin by my PCP.

I was perscribed 5/750mg tablets, but only took three because I noticed a tingling sensation in my arms after day three so I thought it may have been a reaction to the drug.

After that, it all went down hill. Tremors, joint pain, nausea, I had it all. Here are the things that I did in order to relieve most of my symptoms (I am currently 2.5 months out, and still have constant brain fog, but its something that I am learning to live with...hopefully with time this will go away as well).

First thing is find a naturopathic doctor and get the following:

1) IV hydrogen peroxide therapy 3x/week
2) IV GLutathione therapy 3x/week
3) Hyperbaric oxygen therapy

I did all these treatments for one month to try to revive my cells and rid my body of the harmful chemicals.

Then I did blood work, and noticed by testosterone levels were very low, and my Candida IgG (antibody count) was very high.

This is currently where I am in my treatment. Now because of the Antibiotics I had taken, and because of the Prednisone I was perscribed for my tendinitis, I think a lot of our brain fog can be narrowed down to three things:

a) High levels of Candida which can cause brain fog
b) Just a side effect of the fluroquinolone family
c) High levels of anxiety and depression

Since my testosterone levels are low, I am going to check to see if my FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (Leutinizing hormone) are normal because if they are low, then this could be a sign of pituitary insufficiency (I will follow up on this).

I have as of today gone on a anti-candida diet, which includes the following:

a) Probiotics (two types: Orthobiotic and Saccharomyces boulardii) -- company name is Ortho Molecular Products
b) Eliminating high glycemic foods temporarily (all fruits, white rice, bread, pasta)
c) Increase in veggies and lean chicken
d) Increase in brown rice, and black beans

I am able to go back to my exercise routine fortunately. My tendinitis is nearly gone (I get some sores in my feet, but its getting better). My numbness has left me after 2.5 months.

I spend about 15 minutes 5 days a week in a sauna as well.

Here are the suppplements that I am taking every morning:

a) Probiotics that I mentioned (not a supplement but worth reiterating)
b) Vitamin D3
C) Multi-Vitamin
d) Chelated Magnesium
e) Resviterol (immune booster)
f) Astragalus (immune booster)

If anyone has any recommendations for brain fog I think a lot of us would be greatly appreciative. That is my last big symptom, and I hope it too will be resolved. After it is resolved I will be creating a website dedicated to this problem, and the route that I took to cure my ailments.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.org

0.250 sec, (2)