CureZone   Log On   Join
Recovering co-dependent refuses to get in touch

rainbowlights Views: 3,048
Published: 13 y

Recovering co-dependent refuses to get in touch

I met an old friend a few months back - instant chemistry and attraction and one thing led to another and before we knew it we had started a relationship. He told me early on that he was a recovering co-dependent and that he had just come out of rehab. He said that he may have to let me go if things got complicated whilst he was recovering. I agreed to give it a go and all was going very well infact I thought amazing but 3 months in he did a runner with no warning and now he refuses to answer my calls or texts so I have no clarity or means of closure if need be. I have left him too it and only every now and again will send him a text of support but with no reply from him. I was told that co-dependent recoverers are told to simply cut people out completely when they think someone is threatening their recovery but I was being only supportive so why would he see me as a threat. I don't understand why he did this - do you think there is any chance of recovering what has been lost between us and what should I do - any comments please.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.143 sec, (1)