CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: MMS Caution

mmsdebunked Views: 7,223
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,840,169

Re: MMS Caution

Hi there..

I am the author of Miracle-Mineral-Supplement Debunked..

RE: Anonymity. This is really just an argument from authority. The thing is, arguments do NOT rest on the reputation of WHO is making the claims.

Does it matter who Jim Humble is or even if he is real? He admits he is on the run from authorities, he has been arrested in the past, so who cares that he uses his name and face? What difference does it make? It just means he's a bolder then me, psychopaths are bold too, does it make their arguments any more right?

He obviously has more resources to spare on his endeavour then I do. Look how many websites Jim has set up compared to my ONE free Google site! He has pretty much dedicated his whole life to this effort and his "church". He obviously has people working for him, producing his material, making his websites, writing on his behalf, making video clips for him. I have no team of people supporting my efforts and I'm not willing to dedicate my life to outing one charlatan.

Further, we live in a litigious society, there are innumerable cases where people with resources file lawsuits purely to intimidate people, even if they don't have a good case, and it can be VERY expensive to just defend yourself in court, even if you don't end up "losing" the case. Look up the case of Simon Singh in London, he was sued for libel by the British chiro association, the case was eventually dropped but it cost him almost 2 years and hundreds of thousands of pounds to defend himself! I am NOT in a position where I could afford to defend myself in court if I was sued.

Besides all this is all irrelevant, the FACT is it shouldn't matter WHO I am; my arguments rest on their OWN validity, not who I am or if I chose to remain anonymous.
If I was less honest, I could say my name is bob smith from Washington, what difference would that make?

Your claim that it costs $100 million dollars to get a drug to be approved is completely wrong! You haven't bothered to actually learn about this, you just heard what Jim Humble said and believe it.. The FDA does NOT receive millions of dollars from pharma companies for approving drugs, this is just a lie. It COSTS a pharma company millions of dollars to DEVELOP a drug from scratch. And that's because MOST research does NOT lead to a drug on the market. Something like 80% or 90% of the research a pharma company does fails at some stage of testing, and does NOT lead to a marketable drug, who do you think pays for that? They do it for free? Months of promising research, sometimes YEARS just for a drug to fail some stage of testing, they all just shrug and say, oh well, no one gets paid this year, back to work.. Is THAT what you think happens?

Obviously NOT, those people still need to get paid, that is why when a drug DOES make it onto the market, it's development HAS to include all the research that failed to be fruitful. THAT'S why a single drug can cost $100 million TO DEVELOP. FDA approval has NOTHING to do with that cost, it's purely a Jim Humbleism, and credulous people like you don't bother to verify anything, you just parrot his claims.

Now as far as your own experiences go, I'm quite confident that there's NOTHING I can say or write to convince you that you MIGHT be mistaken.. I know you think you can't be, you think you're too objective and smart to be fooled or self deluded, you've SEEN the proof, but the thing is NO ONE is capable of knowing for sure that they aren't being tricked by some cognitive anomaly, in PARTICULAR when it comes to personal objective experience. This is in reason why we HAVE the methods of Science in the 1st place, because EVEN doctors and scientists and the smartest people in the world are not capable of being absolutely sure that they are not misinterpreting personal experience. Case in point, many people swore about the benefit of a product called power balance band, look it up. Well it was conclusively proved that the product is USELESS, it does absolutely NOTHING, you might as well pay $60 for a rubber band, but regular people really BELIEVED that it was having an effect on them, this isn't the placebo effect, this is a cognitive illusion. So, give Miracle-Mineral-Supplement to thousands of people and some, like you, are going to become CONVINCED that it had an effect on some health problem they had, it would be strange if that DIDN'T happen, the MISTAKE is to assume those people are somehow "strange" or "stupid", because that's NOT the case, it's probably a mixture of chance and circumstance, but it's just about guaranteed that SOME people will experience some health benefit just around the time Miracle-Mineral-Supplement is introduced into their life, from that point on they will be utterly convinced that it was the MMS that caused this improvement even though MMS had NOTHING to do with their condition improving. Anyway, you'll say: but I've seen it work in other people, or animals, or more then once, or whatever, it doesn't matter, the reality of the situation is NOT actually related to HOW convinced you are, in fact, possibly the opposite is true, the MORE convinced you are the more you should examine your conviction.

As for a positive argument. Jim Humble has had 14 years, during that time it would be very simple to prove MMS works, simply get a hand full of people who have been cured of aids (Jim says there's LOTS already, so this should be easy), get their before and after aids tests verified (if they've really been cured, this bit should be easy) and publish them, online if you have to if no media accepts the story, (which I don't believe for a second either, media would POUNCE on a story like this, wikileaks PROVES the media LOVES a scandal). See how simple it would be? So why hasn't this happened in 14 years? There's lots of different excuses offered, Jim tries to make it sound like it's so hard, well practically impossible, but think about it just for a few minutes, we live in the information age, there are hundreds if not thousands of websites, testimonials, blogs, YouTube channels, facebook pages, forums, etc.. But NOT a SINGLE verified test result proving MMS cures AIDS or any other serious disease? Admit it, it just doesn't add up... Does this argument depend on you knowing my identity? Is this argument logically sound? What scientific proof would this argument require to possibly satisfy you?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (3)